Welcome to ALPCA!
Since 1954, our organization has been dedicated to the promotion of license plate collecting and research, the exchange of information and plates, and the fraternal benefits of sharing a common interest with others throughout the world.
We are the largest license plate collectors organization in the world. ALPCA currently has 2,662 members from 50 states and 19 countries.
Our annual international conventions are typically attended by nearly 500 collectors.
Already a member? Set up your members-only access here!
We are aware that some members are experiencing extended delays in receiving the December issue of PLATES. All issues were in the mail as of 7 December. That is about a week later than planned due to our printer having to unexpectedly shut down one of their production lines due to COIVD issues immediately following the Thanksgiving holiday. Additionally, as many have experienced over the past few months, the USPS is experiencing significant delivery delays that seem to be more prominent in certain parts of the country. The additional holiday related volume is exacerbating this problem. It is our hope that the USPS will work through this backlog and deliver the issues by January 4th. Therefore, we will wait until after January 4th before accepting and fulfilling replacement requests. Meanwhile, a PDF copy of the issue is available for members on our website. We thank you for your patience and understanding in these extraordinary times.
- Every year, members vote on the Best Plate of the Year.
- The ALPCA Hall of Fame and Remembered ALPCAns.
- Our FAQ includes tips for beginners, grading guidelines, cleaning advice, and other popular topics.
- ALPCA publishes a Guide to Confusing and Misleading License Plates, to help identify fake and other plates in the wild.
- Members can read 50+ years of our publications, including PLATES Magazine, with in-depth articles about license plates in North America and around the world.
- Our official ALPCA mailing lists: for discussion and announcements.
- Our collective plate knowledge is available in our Archives (and see a sneak preview of the new Archives 2.0).
- Our calendar of plate meets around the US.
- Current members can set up your members-only access here.
2020 Hall of Fame inductees announced
2020 Election Results
Results of 2020 ALPCA election are in! (member access only)
ALPCA Best Plate of the Year for 2019: Oregon
Upcoming ALPCA International Conventions (members only):
- Covington, Kentucky - June 23 to 26, 2021
- Hampton, Virginia - July 20 to 23, 2022
- Denver, Colorado - June 28 to July 1, 2023
- Lansing, Michigan - June 26 to 29, 2024
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - July 9 to 12, 2025