Welcome to ALPCA!
Since 1954, our organization has been dedicated to the promotion of license plate collecting and research, the exchange of information and plates, and the fraternal benefits of sharing a common interest with others throughout the world.
We are the largest license plate collectors organization in the world. ALPCA currently has 2,945 members from 50 states and 19 countries.
Our annual international conventions are typically attended by nearly 500 collectors.
Already a member? Set up your members-only access here!
- Every year, members vote on the Best Plate of the Year.
- The ALPCA Hall of Fame and Remembered ALPCAns.
- Our FAQ includes tips for beginners, grading guidelines, cleaning advice, and other popular topics.
- ALPCA publishes a Guide to Confusing and Misleading License Plates, to help identify fake and other plates in the wild.
- Members can read 50+ years of our publications, including PLATES Magazine, with in-depth articles about license plates in North America and around the world.
- Our official ALPCA mailing lists: for discussion and announcements.
- Our collective plate knowledge is available in our Archives (and see a sneak preview of the new Archives 2.0).
- Our calendar of plate meets around the US.
- Current members can set up your members-only access here.
2019 Hall of Fame inductee announced
2019 Election Results
Results of 2019 ALPCA election are in! (member access only)
Maryland wins 2018 ALPCA Best Plate of the Year
Upcoming ALPCA International Conventions (members only):
- Tulsa, OK - July 8 to 11, 2020
- Covington, Kentucky - June 23 to 26, 2021
- Hampton, Virginia - July 20 to 23, 2022
Upcoming MeetsUpcoming plate meets (next 60 days):
• Sep 28 - Mesa, AZ
• Sep 28 - Nazareth, PA
• Oct 5 - Gig Harbor, WA
• Oct 5 - Nesbit, MS
• Oct 12 - New Market, IA
• Oct 19 - Joliet, IL
• Oct 19 - Sandy, UT
• Oct 20 - Elyria, OH
• Oct 26 - Lebanon, IN
• Oct 26 - Pennington, NJ
• Oct 26 - Riverside, CA
• Oct 26 - Temple, TX
• Nov 10 - Leominster, MA