What is ALPCA?
The Automobile License Plate Collectors Association (ALPCA), founded in 1954, is dedicated to the promotion of license plate collecting, research, the exchange of information and plates, and the benefits of sharing a common interest with people all over the world.
ALPCA is far and away the largest license plate collectors organization in the world. ALPCA has about 2,920 in the 50 US states and 19 countries. Our annual International Conventions are typically attended by nearly 500 collectors, and we have dozens of smaller regional events all over the country throughout the year.
Benefits of membership
- Fellowship with thousands of knowledgeable collectors worldwide
- Access to all official events, including our annual International Convention
- Assurance that your dealings with other members are governed by our Bylaws
- Oversight by a Board of Directors, elected on a rotating basis
Six issues per year of PLATES Magazine, our professionally produced, 68-page, full-color print publication:
- License plate history and articles, with high-quality photos
- Coverage and information about our events
- Member profiles, news, and a calendar of events
- Over 10 pages of classified ads per issue - a great way to buy, sell, and trade
- Access to online resources:
- US First Class ($46/year):
- Our standard membership. Your issue of PLATES magazine will be mailed USPS First Class.
- US Second Class ($36/year):
- Less expensive, but your issue of PLATES will not arrive as quickly.
- US Junior Membership ($20/year):
- For members under 18.
- Canada/Mexico First Class ($46/year):
- Choose this option if you are in Canada or Mexico. Shipping of PLATES will be First Class.
- All other countries Airmail ($75/year):
- For members outside of the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Join today! We're looking forward to welcoming you into the ALPCA family!
Already a member? Renew your membership here.